Thursday, August 18, 2016

End of Summer Yard

 It's been extremely hot and dry. There was a 20 percent chance of rain today, the air felt cooler and dry; I pulled out the clothesline and hung a bunch of sheets out. It's been raining for three and a half hours now. The flowers are on their way out, the autumn sedum is anxious to bloom. The grapes are getting bigger.
Balloon Flowers
Peek A Boo
Larkspur that reseeded from Mother's plants from years ago
I like these for end-of-summer color

Amish Veggies

3 comments:

  1. Goodness! All those peppers! Do you pickle or can them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked back at the peek-a-boo. Hahaha. That settee in the flowers is fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these pictures. Your grapes are getting big. I don't remember the beebalm. Did you plant that after we were there? Was it the larkspur that we were trying to figure out earlier? Or was that another purple flower? My Cleome is short and white. I thought it was a weed for years and pulled it up! And I'm just sick about my Amish pot. All the succulents are almost dead! I left it outside and it got too wet. The pot has a hole but didn't drain at all. I don't know if anything will survive now. Yours are lovely. Wow, a lot of peppers! I doubt that I have bought that many total for my whole life. Did you get Amish peaches?

    ReplyDelete