Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Mid October, Apple Picking, and Harriet Hollister Park

           Driveway, October 19





I have so many pictures of Rusty in this exact spot, it almost hurts to see it.

Five hours after blowing away most of the leaves.

See the old iron fencing in the middle? I really, really, want to go back, Didn't want to walk through it with the dog.

Road with the sweet apples. There's state land here, but it's turkey season so we were too worried about getting shot. I had to jump out of the car and grab the apples while he watched for nuts with guns.


Our house is in the left-middle, way way back there...I can see a white speck, that's the neighbor.
These tasted extra sweet, softer than ours, and smelled strongly of roses.




Harriet Hollister park

All the leaves in this spot were ghostly white

I think this park is used mainly for snowmobiles and cross country skiing, the trails were long and didn't circle back easily, so I was nervous about getting lost.

Ghosty ferns

2 comments:

  1. That apple photo would make a beautiful still life. Can't believe how beautiful it is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these photos take my breath away. That's a beautiful picture of Buffy channeling Rusty. She's so photogenic! And what a cool old cemetery! Don't forget where it is. And I'm pretty sure I can tell where your house is in that distant photo! Lurking windmills and all. Beautiful apples! Looks like more than one variety. That's what wild apples look like! Not polished and perfect. My pears are like that too. And I think we need to go to HHollister park! I love the ghostly foliage. I hope it isn't too far away from you. It looks like your fall colors are farther along than ours. I still have some green leaves on some trees. The next big rain will probably make a difference.

    ReplyDelete