Sunday, December 23, 2012

Traditions--Part One



  In our family, if we do something 3 times it automatically becomes a tradition. We start off the holiday season watching Pieces of April and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. We then move on to
the classics: The Grinch, The Snowman, Little Drummer Boy(just so I can cry),  Funny Farm,  and Uncle Buck( just because we love John Candy). Then there's Holiday Inn and It's A Wonderful Life. Somewhere in there we watch a couple old versions of  Dickens'  Christmas Carol.
Then on Christmas Eve, as we've done for 17 years,  we end the evening with The Muppets Christmas Carol. That's the one we love the most.
   Of course, nothing beats our freaky Christmas cookie making. We can bake delicious cookies, we just don't possess any decorating skills. It somehow evolved into a contest of the bizarre. I think the 'upside down trees turned into spooky faces' won. Those were mocha flavored, tonight we're decorating vanilla ones(since I forgot to buy almond flavoring).
 

4 comments:

  1. I love all the Christmas shows, too. Those cookies give me the willies. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find Little Drummer Boy. Is it on DVD? I want to cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched It's a Wonderful Life. Had our Christmas nachos with guacamole and salsa. Topped it off with our nightly eggnog. Lindsey didn't finish all of hers. I'm just glad she is home now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just showed the cookies to Lindsey and she squealed,"Oh my God, they are so scary!!!!" I agree.

    ReplyDelete