Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whiling Away the Time

Waiting For Spring

Looks like Rusty sees the orb

Mince-Meat

Can that be melted snow????
I think it may have gotten above freezing today for a few minutes. Water on the steps/sidewalk, and I heard it dripping from the roof. What a lovely sound. Then it clouded up and started snowing furiously.
  The tree is down, a million pine needles have been swept away, the fridge is spotlessly clean,  way too many horrible killer mysteries have been read,  and everything on television is boring. We watched The Hunger Games last night, and I was not very impressed,  although I thought  the actress who played  little Rue was beautiful.
 Do you see the green orb in the basement pictures above?  It was driving me crazy; finally we realized it was a reflection of the energy-saving light bulbs down there. I thought we should send it to "My Ghost Caught On Camera", and explain how the orb looks just like my dear old departed granny.
Does anyone watch that show?  I've never been able to see any faces in their orbs.

7 comments:

  1. I thought it was a cup they were aiming the ball at. Maybe Rusty sees his grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice that it's lined up with the ball in each picture. How strange. Now I need to go look at the other ones I took down there.

      Delete
  2. I thought it was the cup too. Your house does have a way of making interesting reflections. Remember how I thought I saw lights in your backyard when it was the reflection off my jacket zipper?
    I can't ever see the faces in the orbs either. Or in the mirrors.
    Did you notice the streak in my Christmas tree photo? It was only on that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what are they doing on the floor? Measuring something?
    Your winter situation vaguely reminds me of that totally ridiculous movie Rocket Man...the guy comes out of suspended animation on a space trip and is awake for months while everyone is asleep. He eats all the food and decorates the inside of the ship...maybe with the food...I haven't seen it in so long I have forgotten. But it shows what happens when you are alone in space! Or snow?! It's a stupid movie, but has a few funny parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one sitting on the floor is the ball caddy. Or do you mean the orbs? I don't know how or why they're being reflected.

      Delete
  4. What are they aiming at? It looks like a green cup. I'm still confused. It is in all the photos from the basement?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're aiming at a place outside the picture--the green orb was something weird the ipad did--we figured out it's a reflection(green, tho, not white) of the light bulbs in the basement. When we looked at them, and zoomed in, we could tell it was the light bulb, one of those weird shaped bulbs.

    ReplyDelete