Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vintage Lawn Furniture

I've been wanting a metal porch glider since I first saw one at an antique store in Brenham. I found one set at Tioga Downs. It wasn't enough. I wanted more. Luckily, an elderly farmer in Bath listed a glider on Craigslist. We rushed there and discovered he had two matching chairs as well. Can you believe they all fit in the back of our '89 Volvo wagon?

As you can see, they were in pretty bad shape. They had been keeping company with his chickens:




Step one: Scrub, scrape, and sand repeatedly.

"A sandblaster would've been nice here. Too bad they're so cheap." - W

Step two: Prime.


Step three: Paint.

Hopefully good for another 70 years.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference Walt made!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! They look all new. I bet those chickens are miffed that all their furniture is gone.

    ReplyDelete