Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Two More Days

   I bought  catnip at the dollar store, tied it up in some cloth, then gave it to the cat. She rolled and kicked for 10 minutes, then passed out in the flowerbed. She got up and crawled under a bush and looked bleary eyed and not-so-good.
   I must have the memory of a goldfish, because I don't remember planting orange tulips. I thought they were red/yellow. I found the bag this morning--I planted orange and pink. I do remember the crocus, but I have a few tiny purple blossoms that I thought were weeds. I'm glad I was too lazy to pull them, because next to the first bag was one labeled Anemone.
Hung over and smushing the anemones.
May 11, Leaves and Blossoms! First hummingbird seen
Anemone
The grass is full of wild violets, but this was an extra big clump I dug up from the garden area

3 comments:

  1. What does catnip actually do to cats? I LOVE that bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made her hyper, then whinier than she normally is. We used to have it in the garden back in Hockley and our cat(who was so much nicer than this obnoxious one) would roll around in it, then wander around sniffing all the other flowers before passing out.

      Delete