Friday, October 26, 2012

Frankenstorm?

   I refuse to listen to any news stations, except those on FSTV and Link TV.  However, even the weather channel is worrying me now about the hurricane. The past couple days have been gorgeous.  I guess all we can do now is fill up extra jugs of water, and get  the candles ready.  We've never lost power since moving here, but I don't know what kind of winds we'll get. We spent most of today raking leaves  from the ditch that runs the length of the driveway. Most of the leaves have fallen. The ones left will surely be gone with the storm.

4 comments:

  1. They are making it sound like THE STORM of the CENTURY, so I guess it would be prudent to be prepared. You could be without power for a while if lines get blown down. Take care. Be sure to call somebody to let us know you are ok if it gets bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--Mother called last night to warn me. We've got the gas stove, fireplace and coal, so we'll be alright. Of course, this would be the week that had a great meat sale at the grocery. We've got a freezer full now.

      Delete
  2. When I was little I put a white sheet over our lamp like that and tied string under the "head". It was the best Halloween ghost.

    ReplyDelete