Friday, September 13, 2013

After The Storm

Family of five enjoying the wet grass this morning
I know what you're thinking
Keep trying, little guy
Now this is a cute butt
Making plans
Very late blooming tiny poppy
I'm extremely happy to have survived the thunder, now give me a peanut butter bone.
  Things seem to have calmed down after two days of thunderstorms. I went to the basement fridge to get some butter for cookies( Walt's coming home Saturday!) when I saw a chipmunk throwing his little body against the window. I ended up spending almost 40 minutes standing on the old couch, watching four baby chipmunks play in the mulch, chew the window pane, wrestle each other, and climb in the bushes.  I'm sure they couldn't see me, because we were face to face most of the time. They have a nest dug out underneath, and it's filled with acorns.

2 comments:

  1. Those chipmunks are the cutest things. They should have teeny little clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chipmunks are so cute! And it still looks like summer in the photos...

    ReplyDelete