Thursday, September 26, 2013

Four Bars Among the Amish

  Our stove pipes from the hardware store lasted one year, so Ken's been searching for stainless steel. I saw an ad a few weeks ago for an Amish tin shop, so today we took a ride out into the middle of nowhere to find it.  Left the main road, then a gravel road, then it turned into a rocky, extremely steep and narrow "road". So right after I made him turn around we saw the tiny, home made sign. I went up to their porch to ask which outbuilding was the tin shop. The house was just perfect--lots of small blue pants hanging on the clothesline, a sandbox full of Tonka trucks,  two sheep standing in the driveway, and a puppy on the porch. After talking to the wife, I so wanted to go inside with her, chat about little kids, and eat some apple pie. I thought she was closer to my age, and I know the man was her husband, but he looked about 25, and was quite the hottie. He made the pipes while we waited. Ken was overjoyed at the price. Now he's in the basement sticking them all together. Sadly, they are sharp, and blood has been shed on their shiny-ness.
Oooh, Shiny
Happy Man
Road well suited for strong horses, not so much for old Volvos
Amazing Cell Reception
Oh--the four bars? Verizon bars. I was zippety do-da ing all over with the phone while waiting in the car. What a waste. I'm lucky to get 2 bars at home.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the Amish take advantage of Verizon there. Do they use cellphones? Possibly an ignorant question, but I really don't know...
    My prove you are not a robot word was Ringro. Sounds like Scooby Do's word for telephone.

    ReplyDelete