Sunday, January 19, 2014

When The Winter Doldrums Begin


  I do not enjoy this time of year. From now til March will seem like an eternity. It's too cold for walks. It's so windy that I was sandblasted by snow tonight when Rusty and I went out. Walt's gone so I have no reason to bake sweets. I was so bored that I made my own laundry detergent. You would have thought I was cooking a batch of meth or a pot of lye from the way the guys acted. They raced around opening a window and turning on the fan.
Take these 3
Melt soap bar, then add a cup each of the other two.
Clean up the big mess. 
It made 3 of these. Looks like mayo. Smells like boring soap.
I noticed how the faucet's shadow sort of shimmied when I had a candle lit, so...
I made my own dragon. When the water is turned on he appears to be projectile vomiting.  When it's turned down to a drip, you can imagine he's just eaten something juicy. Now that's boredom.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to make homemade bar soap until I figured out it involved cooking.
    Does your laundry soap remain a liquid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to sit afterwards for 4 hours, then mixed with blender. Feels like mayonnaise.

      Delete
    2. It has to sit afterwards for 4 hours, then mixed with blender. Feels like mayonnaise.

      Delete