Thursday, January 23, 2014

Turkeys and Excuses

 We were going stir crazy, so  decided to brave the cold and do some shopping. First was Tractor Supply for dog treats and cat food, then on to Save A Lot for fruit. The store smelled like a dirty- diaper wearing rat had passed away, so that didn't take long.  On the way home  the largest flock of turkeys that we've ever seen crossed the road in front of us. There had to have been at least 30. Of course, my phone was in my pocket and they were nearly gone by the time I got it out. I managed to get a blurry shot of them once we got to the house.
Can you see them?
They flew as soon as they heard the car doors slam shut.
It began snowing hard and she was covered...
So I quietly carried her inside and she ate quickly while Rusty was in the basement with Ken

2 comments:

  1. I'm suspicious of nasty smells. Doesn't speak well of their sanitation. Sweet kitty. Turkeys must have it pretty rough in the winter.

    ReplyDelete