Wednesday, September 3, 2014

In The Garden

Seeds that Mother mailed me
Ouch
Finally came home from her vacation with PinkyFernando
Looks like it's glowing
Strangely enough, this has been a pretty good garden. We planted early, during a warm spell. Actually it was the only warm spell all summer, until now. I didn't water or weed or pay much attention to it the past 2 months. But we've had a million cucumbers, plenty of big Amish tomatoes, even squash. We've never had squash grow here, but I found the first on Sept 2, with several tiny ones coming along. Even the eggplant is loaded...maybe we'll have a warm September.
 The orange gladiola is my favorite. They bloomed  2 or 3 weeks later than last year; I think I posted a nearly identical photo then.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Glad everything decided to grow. However, that tomato is so big it looks fake! Wonder why the cucumber wants to escape? Happy to hear Puppycat is home.
    (Are you still calling her Puppycat?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look like your garden gets much insect damage. What beautiful results this year.

    ReplyDelete