Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Deer Family

Yes, Sharon--that's another sad and depressing book I'm reading
Too Curious
Spying on me while eating the remaining flowers
  I'm pretty sure these are the same deer that visit daily-- like 3 or 4 times a day.  The back porch light came on at midnight, and they were out there next to the deck eating acorns. Yesterday morning I heard one snorting behind the shed, and the cat came flying down the hill toward me. I've never seen her scared. A few seconds later the family meandered out into the back yard. One morning I walked to the living room to see the largest one staring in the window. They're too curious for their own good. If we see them while taking a walk down the drive, they'll actually come towards us.
 See the tree stump? I pulled it out of the burn pile. The 3 older deer paid no attention to it, but the
youngest one was really bothered. She jumped every time she happened to wander too close to it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a deer head with antlers.
    The deer family is pretty.

    ReplyDelete