Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ursinus

   First,  Ursinus is pronounced with a long I, sort of like Ur- sinus.  Second, don't let the person who took pain pills  be in charge of the photo taking. Most had the ipad cover obscuring half of each picture. We loved the campus.  I loved it so much that I can't stop thinking how it should have been the school I went to eons ago. It's beautiful.  The kids were intelligent and calm, the teachers were so down to earth, and the officials were amazing. They have a science program funded by HHMI that sounds perfect.  Every freshman has to take a seminar/writing class that includes reading Galileo,  Socrates,  Nietzsche, Descartes, and the Communist Manifesto.  How incredibly amazing is that? Their cafeteria food has zero trans fat. The laundry services are free. They have a nice art museum. Their Physics dept. was extra small(10 kids graduating this year).  Walt thinks he likes Geneseo more, though. Also, even with his $30,000 scholarship we'd still be taking out close to 20,000 a year in loans. It's tough.  He has just a couple more days to decide. All in all, it was a sunny, gorgeous day, and we all desperately needed to get out of the house.  I was so tired by the time we got home that I went to bed and slept for 12 hours.

There was also a sign that said  "Aggressive Driver High Crash Area"
That darn ipad cover...this tunnel warned us to remove our sunglasses.
Dormitory--I love the stone buildings. Can you see the tree getting ready to bloom? There were even bulbs flowering! I think Spring is getting near.

Oldest Building on Campus
Inside the Chapel
I think this was the library.  It smelled like a library should.
Isn't he cute?
I was walking very slowly by this time.
Inside the turnpike tunnel.
Ignore the dirty windshield-see all that dark shrubbery?  Those are rhododendron! They filled the woods all along the road. I bet they're beautiful when blooming.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful campus. He IS tall, smart and handsome. Tunnels make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you out and about again. What did Rusty do all day?

    ReplyDelete