Saturday, October 26, 2013

Friday/Saturday

Your Swedish ivy's blooming, Mother. He'll probably have to live here in the laundry room the next 7 months.
This is the "Uglies" apple tree that is near the coal pile. I need a tall ladder to pick them, but I am a bit sick of apples now, even though these make the best pies.
Left one is apple/grape juice. Other is the last of the Concords. I didn't add any sugar or water-thought I'd try them with bubbly water to make grape soda. The kitchen looked horrible after I was done.

Turkey visit this morning
My favorite tree in the background
Apple-pear for us
Chocolate-coffee for Walt. Should be more fun than drinking Mountain Dews to stay awake.
Grey Day
  We were eating breakfast this morning and talking about how we haven't seen any turkeys in months. That led to a spirited discussion of stupid hunters, etc, which led to our usual complaints. As I was taking the plates to the sink, I glance out the window to see a bunch of turkeys right off the deck.
  Today is Parents Day at school, so we're letting Walt sleep late before going there and embarrassing him in front of his friends. I'll report back later on how many times he rolled his eyes or grimaced. Just kidding, Walt. I'll be on my best behavior.

4 comments:

  1. Your life is so interesting....and entertaining to onlookers. Mother doesn't respond so I don't know if she's watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. My ivy isn't blooming! It IS starting to put on new leaves after getting rather spindly-looking tho. I wonder if it didn't get enough light?
    Your pies look delicious. Wish I was there! I love all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look again at the Grey Day photo. I can see three tree- sisters with long hair (sticking straight up), with their arms all outreached, sort of hugging each other. The shorter one in the middle is the ringleader. At first the photo looked scary, but on further inspection, they are delicate and lacy-looking without their summerwear. I really love that photo!

    ReplyDelete