Tuesday, October 22, 2013

On Its Way

  It's here. I saw the weather forecasts yesterday, so I rushed out and gave Rusty his last bath for 6 months, since his last one didn't "take". We've turned on the small heater a few times already, but this morning K went to the basement to fire up the stove. Most likely that will run for the next 6 months, too.  Grandma B brought me several books Saturday which I added to my winter stockpile in the closet.  Geneseo's parents weekend is Saturday, and I think snow is predicted.  I went out this morning to tell all my flowers goodbye.
Even though I walk past these daily, I forgot that the original owners planted them in such straight lines( Rusty and I took a shortcut thru them yesterday, after making sure it was bear free)
Happy to have survived the dreadful bath
She and her baby were here this morning, eating apples I tossed out

1 comment:

  1. It looks so pretty there. It's hard to believe winter is arriving. It is only 51 here this morning, But it is very bright and clear.

    ReplyDelete