Sunday, June 10, 2012

ACT Day

I made this cake because we are celebrating the end of the ACT.  He's  been taking practice tests every day, and I'd have to set the clock timer, give him the five minute warning, and grade his tests...it was so draining. Oh yeah, he didn't like it either. But now it's over! There were only eight kids taking the test Saturday, which I thought was weird. He said one of the girls taking the test would work on the problems for a few minutes and then go to sleep. He said she was either a genius or a slacker. I suspect it was the latter.

While he was taking the test I was digging up plants at his great aunt's house. She gave me bleeding hearts, black eyed Susans, hens and chicks, and the most beautiful pink roses and peonies. I think I heard them all whimper when they saw the sad, rocky dirt they were being transferred to.







1 comment:

  1. I'm sure everyone is glad the test is over! Wish I was there for the cake!

    ReplyDelete