Friday, June 1, 2012

Celebration

For my son's 18th birthday In celebration of my 100th blog post, we went to Darien Lake!

We had a wonderful day; there was no waiting in line because  the park was almost empty.  The schools are still in session up here until the middle of June.  Most of the kids there were on field trips.  The weather was a cool 70°, which felt great because the past few days were in the upper 80's.

This was the first ride we (minus me) went on. I don't do rollercoasters.

This is one of the largest wooden roller coasters.  My son and husband hated it.  They said it was not fun or scary, but incredibly painful because it rattled them too much.

This is the third ride we( minus my husband and me) went on.  It made us sick to watch, because the seating platform spun around quickly as the whole thing spun, too.

Husband and son are in this photo.  I rode it afterwards, because they told me it wasn't really a roller coaster and it wasn't even scary. They lied.  I was scared to death. I kept my eyes closed the whole time, so they made me ride it again.

I was terrified on this ferris wheel; apparently I don't do them, either.

This is the one that made the husband sick and dizzy. He stopped making fun of me after this. We spent the rest of the day on the "family" rides and watching the boy ride the horrible, scary ones. After leaving the park, we drove to Geneseo to check out the university there. It's only an hour from home, but that seems like way too far for me.

The end.  Happy Birthday, baby boy.

1 comment: