Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chemung County Fair

Can't remember his name, but he definitely wanted me to take him home to run around our yard and eat lots of treats.
 We spent yesterday in Elmira. Grandma B wanted Walt to experience a county fair. It was a great day--good weather, lots of expensive, greasy food, exotic animals to pet, and many barnyard animals to see and smell. As you all know, walking through a barn and smelling hay and manure is something I really enjoy. I spent a long time in the poultry barn, trying to decide the types of chickens I'd like have someday. I also realized I have no desire to own goats or pigs, though a miniature cow might be a good companion for my  alpacas.
Look what Ken and I bought! We thought it would be a fun past-time while Walt's away.  I let him get the studded bag, and he let me personalize my helmet!
Sorry, pigs. I can't muster up any special feelings for you guys, although you and Rusty would have fun snuffling around the yard.
I think this is a watusi.

Why does he look like a freaky David Letterman? Maybe off the coast from Beaumont/Port Arthur, but not Fiji! The "wild little people" are just toddlers in fruit- of- the- looms.
She's probably a mannequin. Have no idea why the painter's there.
Walt claims this is most likely a dog with mange.
I've always wanted a Polish poofy head, but honestly- they all seemed very diabolical to me, (and I spent a long time with them)
 I'm positive Sesame Street's Big Bird was based on her.

4 comments:

  1. I never waste my money, but one of you should have seen the oddities, or at least asked someone exiting what was in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we regret doing that. Ken went in to one there as a kid, to see a huge octopus. He said it was a basketball that had tape for arms, and the suction thingies were bunion pads.

      Delete
  2. Were there any pig races? Those piggies looked a little lazy.

    ReplyDelete