Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This and That

   First off--he's having a blast. His only negatives concern the food. Long waits in line, skimpy servings, too expensive. I told him it will get better once things settle down, when he learns the best times for eating, and when he figures out which cafeterias have the best meals. Then I told him that I read there's a pizza place that accepts the meal card....
  Rusty is doing a bit better. He may be thinking that with Walt gone, he's moved up a rank in the family. He went to Walmart with us, but didn't understand having to wait in the car. Yesterday, for the first time in a couple decades, Ken and I ate  in front of the television. We put Rusty's bowl in there, too, so we could all sit together. When I didn't feel like having lunch, Ken made hotdogs for himself and Rusty.
  It's dreary and drizzley here. My only goal for the day is to mop the kitchen floor. Then we might go poke around the antique stores. Too bad dogs aren't allowed.
Almost finished blooming
Pretty, but smells odd
Read the last sentence. Fresh foam? Yeah, right. Try "like living in a vat of chemicals".
Green, lumpy gravy--our favorite
Waiting for Dad at WalMart
The autumn sedum is just beginning to...yuck. I don't want to think about it.

  

4 comments:

  1. Is sedum stinky or something? What are the green balls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no--it just turns to pinky/orange in the fall, and I don't want to think of cold weather. I was just whining, lol. The green things are moss balls. I think they're cute the way they mound up, plus I found a bigger gravy boat and didn't need this chipped one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of my moss biscuits from 2012 finally died. So did my lady slippers before they went to seed. Mother said hers did great. The grasshoppers ate most of the rose bush she gave me. Finally putting on new leaves so I guess it didn't die.
    My Autumn sedum looks just like yours so don't fret. I think maybe it is regulated by length of daylight rather than temperatures anyway.
    Rusty will like his new position of 3rd in command now.
    Your glads are lovely!

    ReplyDelete