Sunday, August 11, 2013

Choke-Cherry ?

 There are bushes/small trees growing all along the road up the hill from the driveway.  There's one next to our front flowerbed. I think they're choke cherries. They're not chokeberries, that I know. Ken's mom is terrified I'll make jelly with them, even though I told her  I won't--I'm trying to figure out who could tell me for sure--like a county ag type place. Carole said they were.
  We'd just finished our daily walk today, when I heard a car driving by. It slowed down, then I heard what sounded like gravel being poured, then again a few seconds later,  and then it sped off. I couldn't see what it was, tho, because of the trees . I wish I'd jumped into the car to try to chase it down, because I think it was the cat crap jerk.
Choke Cherry or Poison-Berry?
Did you know coneflowers smell very sweet? I had no idea.
Remember this? It used to be the death-by-pricker patch. I think we're going to tear the back deck off and rebuild a small one here with the usable boards, then put a new one out back.

1 comment: