Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Drizzley Day

 We went to Hammondsport today to make some memories. I envisioned us sitting at the lake, eating ice cream cones and watching the boats sail by as the sun set. Instead, it started drizzling, then raining. The ice cream shop didn't even have soft serve, and there were no boats on the water. I sat in the car while the guys bought subs, then we found another ice cream stand. Mine melted incredibly fast- the tiny napkin somehow melded into the base of the cone and I unknowingly ate quite a bit of it. Walt kept himself nice and tidy, while K and I did not. We  also stopped at an antique shop and I bought a Fire King white gravy boat and a pink milk-glass  teacup. We timed the drive home perfectly for animal sightings--woodchucks, rabbits, sheep, deer, and geese.
 Oh yes--Walt also saw a bear this afternoon. He was putting Rusty's leash on so they could cross to the mailbox when he saw a lone bear crossing nearby.  It didn't see him. I think this may be the same one they saw last week.
Just up the road from our house
(Someone wouldn't slow down here so I could get a clear pic) I would love to snoop around this place.  In the winter, when the leaves are gone, you can see an old 1930's truck out front. In the spring it's surrounded by lilac bushes.
I realize these are common lilies, but I love seeing them all along the back roads

1 comment: