Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rose's Party at Eldridge Park

All the siblings. Rosie is 3rd from left. 
Rose's great grand-daughter, who shares her name

Quick, get the red one before that kid does!
The whole gang in flight
This one makes me smile, because I know Ken was thinking of his childhood
I'd choose the giraffe
Sharon and Puff
Quit fussing,  I am peddling!
  We spent last Saturday at Eldridge Park in Elmira.  It was Aunt Rosie's 86th birthday.  Everyone got a kick out of how the sisters all dressed similarly--it was not planned.  Most of Ken's happier childhood memories involve Eldridge.  Carousel rides were 3 for a quarter. He'd try so hard to grab the brass ring so all the siblings could have a ride. Back in the 1950-60's there was one large dragon boat, but they never had enough money to ride on it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad K's feet still fit the stirrups. What a special day. Nothing like doing kid things to make you feel good all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun day! Even if it WAS tiring to paddle for a whole 4 minutes! The food was wonderful too. Walt was very generous buying everyone tickets. I probably didn't thank him enough. And I'm so glad Ken took us to the scenic overlook. I could have stayed there all day.

    ReplyDelete