Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh, the Humidity!

 It's been so hot and humid. I feel like I'll have moss/mold growing on me soon. I wish we were all traveling in the big red truck--for the crazy conversations and the heavenly air conditioning.

And wouldn't you know it?  We spend two weeks waiting to see a bear, and one day after the relatives leave, a big bear crosses right in front of the car halfway down the driveway. In the middle of the day, so there goes my theory of "I only have to worry about them when we're out early in the morning or close to dark". I'd taken Rusty for a walk right after they drove off, but he refused to walk past the pine trees, so we turned and went to the back yard. I checked the garden to see if the deer had eaten anything, but Rusty wouldn't budge from the deck. I thought the clouds were scaring him...and no,Mother, I'd forgotten the cow bell.  I hope he doesn't come back for the fawns. 
They ran and hopped all over the yard
They first showed up at 7 this morning while it was extra foggy

1 comment:

  1. It never fails. You wait and wait, and then when you stop waiting, it happens. At least Rusty had enough sense to keep you off the driveway!
    I still think the cowbell works for the bears like the music on the popsicle trucks...

    ReplyDelete