Friday, July 19, 2013

Mid-Summer Report

 I went to the doctor today for the ultrasounds on my heart and carotid arteries. I had to sit in their hot, little waiting room almost 2 hours, so I was not my usual cheery self. I'll find out the results next week. I'm thinking about signing in at the correct time, then going shopping for 2 hours before returning. It's the second time that's happened. The doctor is really fanatical about the Civil War--there are photos all over the office.  He even looks like Lincoln(and sort of like Rasputin). However, in his ultrasound room, there's a huge (2 to 3 feet long) color picture of some Civil War re-enactment scene: A long table with a couple soldiers behind it, a human skull on the table next to a hunk of meat(ham, human???) and a doctor with a white apron covered totally with blood. Isn't that weird, to put it mildly?
  Anyway, I came home, watered the garden, picked some beans, then took Walt to the Alpaca farm to buy a fuzzy gift for Grandma B's birthday party tomorrow.
This is woodChuck Mangione. He's nice enough to only eat the radish tops in the garden.
See that little blob to the right of the door, on the rock?  That's Natalie Wood chuck, his sweetie. She likes to sit near the deck in the early morning.
Oregano in bloom
Unknown flower by the propane tank
I planted a begonia bulb and ornamental potato in this pot 4 months ago, then filled it with impatiens last month when nothing sprouted. They both decided to make an appearance last week.
Hydrangeas that don't know what color they really want to be
Finally, the Queen Anne's Lace and Bee-balm
First pickings. If this keeps up I may need to open my own produce stand, lol
Guarding the grounds and catching ticks, probably
Alpaca fur creations. (Only the fawn and bird are for Grandma B)

4 comments:

  1. I love your flowers, esp the bee-balm.
    I was wondering if you ever see Woodchuck Guillott?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I didn't think of that one. I have Woody chuck Harrelson and if it's a real jerk--Tiger Woodschuck.

      Delete
  2. I love your jar/vase for the queen anne's lace. Is that the grim reaper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's the one walt chose for himself. It has a yellow happy face on the back.

      Delete